1946 - Illinois Farm Supply joined with other regional cooperatives in the formations of Central Farmers Fertilizer Company (the predecessor of CF Industries) to begin centralized purchasing of raw fertilizer materials. Click here to listen to former GROWMARK CEO C.H. Becker and former Chairman Mel Sims discuss the formation of Central Farmers Fertilizer Company.
Illini motor oil was introduced.
1948 - Pana (Ill.) Refining Company and Loudon Pipeline Company were purchased.
Illinois Farm Supply and two other cooperatives acquired the Premier Oil Refining Company of Texas (owner of five refineries and 600 miles of crude pipeline).
Mendota, Ill. Feed Mill was constructed.
1949 - Newly constructed East St. Louis, Ill. Fertilizer Plant began operations.
1950 - Expansion of the Kingston Mines, Ill. petroleum storage facilities.
New terminal facilities built at Albany, Ill. and Norris City, Ill.
1954 - Iowa Farm Service Company acquired part ownership of National Cooperative Refinery Association (NCRA) located in McPherson, Kan.
1955 - The FS trademark was developed and adopted.
Springfield, Ill. Feed Mill was constructed.
Illinois Grain Corporation and Illinois Grain Terminals Company merged.
1958 - Distribution of LP-gas was started.
1959 - Lexington, Ill. Research Feed Farm was acquired.
1961 - Home office moved from Chicago to Bloomington, Ill. (IAA and the Farm Bureau family of companies). Click here to listen to former Chairman Mel Sims discuss the move from Chicago to Bloomington.
Anhydrous ammonia was hauled in FS trucks for the first time.